
What is a common misconception about you?
Upon reading that prompt - I immediately thought of a few misconceptions that drive me CRAZY!
Misconception #1 "People always think I'm a stuck up bitch if they don't really know me" - I've always thought the source of that misconception is that when I'm not smiling I just don't appear friendly. Sorry, I'm just not the chipper cheerleader type to go around smiling all the time. I reserve smiles for real reasons - like G's baby giggles, K's stupid accents he attempts to do, and bad 5 year old level jokes. Here - I'll present example A to the jury:

See, that's a candid picture from a fun photo shoot with my mom and sister and I was having fun, but sure enough...no smile on my face looks like pissed off girl licking the batter....it's nuts! Also, cut me some slack in that pic as I was about 7-8 months pregnant at the time. So, the moral of that story - is get to know someone before you decide they are total biatch. Here's another pic from that photo shoot to prove that I actually look nice and friendly while smiling:

Isn't that the cutest pic - love how my mom, myself, and sister all smile alike :)
Ok, onto misconception #2 - That because I'm witty and have a fantastic sense of humor (if I do say so myself) that I therefore am not sensitive to others remarks....WRONG! Despite my strong exterior I'm pretty much a mush ball on the inside and little things get to me and I get hurt easily. Those that know me well have seen a few of my meltdowns and it ain't pretty. So word to the wise - tread lightly on all people and realize that despite them appearing strong and able to handle anythings they do still have feelings and they can get hurt easily. Be nice people :)
Ok, well that's my story and I'm sticking to it....what are some misconceptions about YOU?

6 comments:
I'll have to say I've gotten the "bitch" one before, and like you I just don't get it!! Some of my BEST friends that I met in high school (who remain so today) hated me when I first moved to the area and thought I was a total bitch, what gives?? Oh well, what can I say, if someone wants to judge and miss out on the great people you and I both are then it's their loss ;) Another one that kills me, my patients often ask me if I'm in high school -- SERIOUSLY I have an 11 month old and didn't get married at 15! I'm 27 freaking years old people!!! Anyhoo, thanks for letting me sound off . . . Have a great trip this weekend and we'll be in touch!!!
i've gotten the bitch one too. i'm not bitchy. i'm quiet, until you get to know me. then i never shut up and you realize that at times, i really can be a bitch. but only when it's well deserved of course.
I get that a lot because I don't have a permanent grin on my face all the time.
I think that this is big problem with people, they judge too quickly. Get to know a person first, talk to them and then make an opinion. This should be a rule.
You look so cute, smile or no smile! Why is it that some of us look bitchy when we don't smile? It'd be ok if it reflected the truth but it doesn't.
Post a Comment