Well, currently we are preparing our house to go on the market next week. Anyone who has gone through this painful process is aware of all the little things you need to do before random strangers coming strolling through your home to decide if they want to buy it. So, we've spent the last couple weeks dealing with our realtor, reorganizing and cleaning up a bit, getting home inspections and basically pulling our hair out with frustration. Due to all this fabulous stress, I haven't exactly been the friendliest gal to be around. I admit it - anytime I get overloaded or feel like too much is on my plate I freak out a bit. By freak out, I mean lash out and tend to be a little too hard on those around me. Therefore my poor hubby, K, has been the victim of a few tongue lashings the past few days about getting stuff done, and how much we have to do, and how I feel like I have to do everything. Now some of my points are justified, but I know in retrospect that I'm being harder on him that I should be and pretty much that he sometimes becomes the scapegoat for all my pent up aggression. In defense of my bad behavior I will say that I almost always realize after one of these verbal bashings that I was wrong and apologize for my actions. Yes, I know it's a little too little too late of a situation, but better to have realized and apologized then not to realize it at all.
So, sure enough yesterday I came home from work after being stuck there an extra hour for a mindless staff meeting to find out that we now have a bunch of crap to fix around the house due to our home inspection. We're talking nit picky little things that are just annoying and feel like one more crazy thing to do on my never ending to-do list (how did you like that blog title reference....nice!). So, I went off a little bit on K about how he isn't doing enough to help and how he needs to call so and so to get this fixed. Obviously he was annoyed with my behavior, but we got in the car with G, our gorgeous baby boy (had to intro him since I hadn't mentioned him yet), and headed off to do a few errands. As soon as we got in the car, I realized I had been a brat and promptly apologized. Sure enough K accepted it but responded with, "It's ok I'm used to being the victim of your verbal abuse under times of stress. I'm pretty much Rhianna and your Chris Brown." Wow, all I could do at that point was laugh hysterically. Despite my annoyance, and frustrations my husband just called me Chris Brown and that was freaking funny! I'm the pop culture junky, so for him to bust out a great pop culture reference like that was amazing.
The moral of the story is don't be a Chris Brown to your gem of a husband Rhianna. So, I decide this first blog is dedicated to you K - I promise to always love and appreciate you and to stop being so Chris Brown like.....as long as you let me stand under your umbrella...ella...ella...for the rest of our lives.

2 comments:
By no means do I think you're Chris Brown. Leo called me CB - have our husbands been talking?
I love that you're in the blog world for yourself now! Final-freaking-ly! :)
<3
Ashley told me you had a new blog & to check it out. Very good story. I might have to refer to you as 'Beat her Down Brown' (Perez Hiltons words, not mine). Anyway, very good blog, welcome to the world of blogging.
Post a Comment